Tillman Morgan, who co-founded Morgan Real Estate & Associates with the late Jo Blunk Morgan, passed away on the morning of 21 Sep 2004. Tillman, a native of Plainview, Ark., married Jo Blunk in April 1939. They met at Russellville where he was assistant director of the National Youth Administration. Jo worked there as a secretary. Jo later taught business courses at then Arkansas Polytechic College.
Tillman joined the U.S. Navy during WWII and advanced to the rank of Commander. While stationed at Miami, Fl., their daughter Ann E. Morgan was born. After released from active duty, they moved to Little Rock, Ark. where he accepted a position as Public Relations Director for the Farmers Home Administration.
In late 1948, Tillman and Jo moved to Eureka Springs and built the Morgan Court (now present-day Scandia Inn on U.S. 62). During this time, he organized the Eureka Springs Naval Reserve facility with intent to hand it off to another line officer. No other officer could be found and Tillman would serve until 1966 when funding cuts shut down the center.
Later, they diversified into insurance and real-estate in a community where he served the First United Methodist Church, Chamber of Commerce (President in 1954, board member for nine years), Ozark Folk Festival (board member), Rotary (President in 1962), Arkansas Realtors, and Arkansas Insurance Association.
During his boyhood days, he attended Russellville High School where he was Valedictorian. Later, he attended Arkansas Tech College, and later the Univ. of Arkansas where he graduated with a degree in journalism. He was a member of the honorary Blue Key fraternity. He was a Phi Beta Kappa.
Tillman and Jo were members of the First United Methodist Church in Eureka Springs.